Helpful Techniques To Remedy Bleeding Gums
If you've seen some blood after brushing your teeth, you could believe it's no big deal and forget about it. Factors such as brushing roughly, pregnancy, injury, and tender gums may bring about bleeding from the gums. It might also be an indication of periodontal disease. To determine the cause of your periodontal bleeding and choose the most effective solution, call our dental professionals at Bass River Dental. When you have bleeding and inflamed gums, reach out to our South Yarmouth, MA dental center at your earliest convenience to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists.
Techniques to treat gumline bleeding
Bleeding once you clean your teeth could be an indicator of a serious concern. Discolored, sensitive, and swollen gum tissues could result from gum disease, forming because of inadequate tartar removal or inadequate oral health practices. Uncovering the problem behind bleeding gums with a dental professional is crucial when deciding which solution is necessary. Meanwhile, we have several great tips to take care of periodontal bleeding from our skilled team at Bass River Dental.
- Consume fewer carb-heavy foods and sweet desserts: Research has proven that managing your carbohydrate ingestion can likewise reduce your risk for periodontal disease and enhance your dental health. Sugary foods and carbohydrates lead to the growth of bacteria and tartar in the mouth.
- Use proper dental hygiene: When you don't brush or floss regularly, plaque can accumulate on the teeth and gumline. When plaque is not cleared away, it eventually could cause bloody gums, gum disease, or tooth decay.
- Utilize room temperature salted water or hydrogen peroxide: In the case that bleeding gums are because of an injury to the mouth, clearing the blood away using room temperature salted water can get rid of harmful bacteria to lessen your odds of getting a tooth or gum abscess. Individuals can also try rinsing with hydrogen peroxide after brushing. However, it's important not to swallow.
- Stop using tobacco products: Smoking both escalates your chances for cardiovascular disease, stroke, and lung problems and has also been tied to periodontal disease. Smoking cigarettes might influence your body's immunity, which makes it tougher to defend against plaque and cause gum disease.
- Monitor your consumption of vitamin K and C: Vitamin C is a potent vitamin that strengthens internal ligaments and protects your gums, while vitamin K is a necessary mineral that helps your blood congeal. If you are low on either one, you can eat some types of vegetables with these all-natural vitamins or take supplements.
Reach out to our team if you need to go to a dental practitioner or specialist in South Yarmouth, MA
People must see a dentist if their bleeding doesn't recover after a couple of weeks of following these simple techniques. Individuals may need a thorough evaluation and professional cleaning to eradicate tartar to let their gums get better. At Bass River Dental, we offer biannual dental cleanings, periodontal therapies, and scaling and root planing (SRP) treatments for patients with bleeding gum tissues or gum disease. To find out more information, reach out to our professionals or arrange an appointment at our South Yarmouth, MA office.