The Main Reasons Why You Shouldn't Reschedule Your Professional Cleaning
Even when you care for your teeth and gums and maintain great dental health, it’s important to have regular dental exams and biannual cleanings. At Bass River Dental, we diagnose signs of cavities and periodontal disease during your appointment. When these are detected in their early stages, they can be addressed promptly. But if more dangerous conditions aren't found, they might lead to huge complications, like gum recession and jawbone loss.
Biannual dental cleanings give our South Yarmouth, MA staff the chance to remove buildup and bacteria and clean your tooth enamel to create a beautiful smile. Allow us to help you and your loved ones maintain your oral wellness with comprehensive dental care. The American Dental Association advises kids, teens, and adults to have their teeth cleaned professionally at least twice each year. For patients with past or present gum disease or who have braces, more frequent dental cleanings may be imperative.
How is a dental cleaning done?
At your first exam at Bass River Dental, our team will first examine your oral structures. Next, we will take a dental x-ray to detect any complications we may not observe with the naked eye. In the event that we detect any reasons for concern, we will create a personalized treatment program for your needs. Cavities are commonly addressed prior to your teeth cleaning. However, other more serious therapies might call for a second trip to our South Yarmouth, MA dental practice. At your cleaning, we will remove any tartar on the enamel utilizing precise dental tools. The moment your teeth and gum tissues are clean, your enamel is polished to remove unsightly discoloration. Our exceptional hygienists may make suggestions to our patients regarding how to efficiently take care of their teeth at home.
Reasons why you shouldn't skip your professional cleaning
At Bass River Dental, we know there are many reasons why you should never procrastinate a biannual dental cleaning, such as:
- Preventing cavities: Having your enamel polished biannually lets our team diagnose cavities immediately. When you put off seeing a dentist for a long time, this bacteria can spread throughout the tooth, and we might not be able to save it. This situation will require a dental crown.
- Treating periodontal disease in its early phases: When periodontal disease is not addressed, it can lead to receding gums, jawbone deterioration, and loose teeth. If you have red or bleeding gums, schedule a visit at our South Yarmouth, MA practice for gum disease detection.
- Preserving the beauty of your smile: Professional cleanings help your teeth stay as bright as possible. During your dental visit, we scale your teeth to make them look bright.
- Good breath: Regular cleanings keep bad breath at bay since they eliminate plaque buildup, which might be the main cause of persistent bad breath.
- Receiving an oral cancer screening: During your cleaning, our team will assess your oral structures (like the mouth, tongue, lips, and even lymph nodes) to identify indications of an irregularity. When detected early on, oral cancer can be addressed effectively.
- Maintain your health: Your oral health may directly hurt your complete health. Progressive gum disease may also result in heart issues. Consistent dental care has been shown to minimize your risk of stroke.
- Saving money on dental care: When you take care of dental health concerns soon, these could be treated using quick approaches. However, if you put off care, you will likely require more expensive and extensive treatments.
Book a professional cleaning to preserve your dental wellness today
Ensure that your smile is happy and healthy when you have twice-yearly dental cleanings at Bass River Dental. Our family facility in South Yarmouth, MA performs preventive dental treatment to address tooth decay and lower your chances of ending up with gum disease.